The Omani marine paradise with a unique coral reef.
The Daymanyat islands are located 40 km. from Muscat, the capital of Oman, a country in the eastern part of the Arabian Peninsula. The archipelago is a paradise made up of three groups of islands and some uninhabited islets. The famous marine reserve, which is home to a coral reef that goes up to 20 m. depth counting 85 species of hard and soft corals and 900 species of fish, regardless of species undiscovered. If you are lucky you can see dolphins, barracuda, leopard and whale sharks.
The islands are also ideal for bird lovers, there being migratory birds and turtles, who come here to breed, depositing their eggs on these beaches.
Nice to dive to Fahal Islandun and in the waters of the wreck of the Munassir Al, sunk in 2003.
We recommend a visit in the period between March and November.
What to bring?
- sunscreen to avoid sunburn
- hat and sunglasses
- liters of drinking water and food
- you go by boat then be light
- if you want to spend the night on the spot, considering the possible lowering of the temperature, bring warm clothes
- snorkel equipment
- underwater camera
- money to pay the boat
- food to be away two days
- blanket or sleeping bag to sleep at night if you decide to sleep on the island